Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Mango Chipotle Sauce

Seriously, this stuff ought to be called Crack Sauce; it is that good!  I only make it when the mangoes at work are really good, but I have made it once with frozen mangoes and it was good too.  The sweetness of the mangoes and the smokey spicy chipotle just work beautifully together.  I didn't have cilantro so there is no green in the picture, but just use your imagination!

We eat this on chicken, fish, and especially quinoa.  Yeah, we eat a lot of quinoa.  I buy big bags of it at Costco and keep it in the fridge.  It's just such a good food and so easy to make.
This sauce keeps well in the fridge and a little goes a long way.  It has so much flavor that you just need a little.  Here's the recipe:

Combine the following in a food processor and pulse until smooth:
2 large mangoes (or use 12 oz. bag of frozen mangoes, thawed)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (seeds removed)*
1 t. adobo sauce
Juice of one lime
2 T. rice vinegar
1 T. olive or canola oil
handful of fresh cilantro
Salt
*Amount of chipotle depends on how much heat you want and the size of the mangoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment