Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Balsamic Marinated Lamb Chops

I grill these lamb chops after they've been marinating for at least 4 hours.  The marinade is so good and just uses ingredients I always have around the house.  All grills are different so I won't post how long to cook them.  Just make sure you get the internal temperature to 135-137 degrees and then let them rest for at least 10 minutes.  This is important...they must rest!  Grill them on high or medium high and get a good sear on each side.  After that, keep checking them with the instant read.  A perfect medium rare is what you're looking for.

Marinade:
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar*
1/2 cup olive oil
zest and juice of one lemon
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T. fresh chopped rosemary
2 t. fresh chopped thyme

Put the chops in the marinade and refrigerate at least 4 hours, turning once or twice.  Take the chops out of the refrigerator an hour before cooking.  Remove from marinade and sprinkle with Kosher salt.  Grill and enjoy!

Here are the chops in the marinade:
*Use really good quality balsamic.  It should be aged and have a sweet, tart flavor.  I like the Central Market aged balsamic ($12.99).  Alessi makes a good one too that is aged  ($11.99).  Inexpensive balsamics are fine for some things but we rarely eat lamb and it's pretty pricey, so I don't want to screw it up with a cheap balsamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment