Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Stuart's Favorite Breakfast

So, this is Stuart's favorite breakfast.  I was watching FoodTV like usual and Stuart saw Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, making some egg salad, smoked salmon sandwiches, and he decided that would be a great breakfast.  So, I made him some egg salad and we bought some English muffins and fresh dill.  I always have smoked salmon because my favorite breakfast is a pumpernickle bagel half with cream cheese, dill, and smoked salmon.  Nothing hard about this breakfast since my egg salad is nothing more than boiled eggs, a little mayo and a little Dijon mustard.  Toast the muffin, add the smoked salmon, top with egg salad, and finish with fresh dill.

How to Boil Eggs:

First, start with old eggs, never just-purchased ones.  If they are a week or so old, they will peel much easier.  Put room temperature eggs into a pot of water, cover and bring to a boil.  Once the water boils, turn the heat off and let the eggs sit for 15 minutes (I use extra large eggs so if you use large reduce time by about 3 minutes). Remove from the stove, drain, and rinse with cold water.  Add a large glass of ice and let eggs cool for about 10 minutes.  Then peel eggs and either chop for the egg salad or do what I do:  Put them in the food processor!  Add just enough mayonnaise to make eggs stick together (probably about 1/2 cup for about 6 eggs), and about 1 t. Dijon mustard.  That's it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment