Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Asian Chicken Burgers with Spicy Aioli

These are awesome burgers!  I make them with ground chicken thigh meat and add some Asian ingredients for great flavor.  This time I dressed the burgers with Spicy Aioli, arugula, tomatoes, and avocado.  Really yummy!!  The burgers will be very wet when you form them but they turn out great once cooked.  I don't grill them because they are just too lean.  Pan frying is best.
 
2-4 Hamburger buns (I use whole wheat Orowheat buns, toasted)
1+lbs. ground chicken thighs
1 cup panko
1 egg white
¼ cup chopped green onion (about 3-4)

2 T. mayonnaise
1-1/2 T. green curry paste
1 T. toasted/dark sesame oil
1 T. low sodium soy sauce
2 t. Sriracha

In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, panko, egg white, and green onions.

In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients.  Add to the chicken and mix together lightly.

Form into four patties and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.  Freeze or refrigerate remaining two patties if only making two burgers.
 
Heat oil in large pan and sauté each side 3-4 minutes, or until done.

Serve with tomato and arugula, thin avocado slices, and Spicy Aioli.
 
Spicy Aioli:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 T. Sriracha (less if you don’t like spicy)
1/2 t. smoked paprika
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lime, zested and juiced
Kosher salt   

No comments:

Post a Comment