Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Asian Marinated Shrimp and Salad

The marinade for these grilled shrimp was so good, and I've used it for chicken too.  I served the grilled shrimp with my Sesame Pasta Salad, but used the following veggies:  Napa cabbage (so good!), spinach, sugar snap peas, and red peppers.  Use any combination you have on hand.  Here's the recipe for the marinade:

1 shallot, finely chopped
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 T. honey
2 green onions, chopped (if you have them on hand)
1/8 cup peanut or other vegetable oil
Pepper

Mix everything together and marinate the shrimp for about 10-15 minutes per side.  Skewer the shrimp and grill for a minute or two on each side.  Chicken can be marinated much longer.  Don't worry too much about exact measurements!

No comments:

Post a Comment