Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Gorgonzola

Stuart was going to Costco while I had to work so I asked him to pick up some cherry tomatoes.  He came home with my usual 2 pound package of cherry tomatoes AND a 2 pound package of Campari tomatoes.  I love Campari tomatoes but I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them since I already had all those cherry tomatoes.  I ended up making a great pasta dish that is sure to be one of our regulars from now on.
The first thing I did was cut all the tomatoes in half and then scooped out the insides.  I put each tomato face down on a paper towel just to dry them out a little.  Then I put the tomatoes in a big bowl and added:

About 1/2 cup olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
1 t. oregano
2-3 T. balsamic vinegar

I mixed it all up and let the tomatoes marinate for about a half hour, stirring once in a while.  Then I removed the tomatoes and put them on a foil-lined baking sheet.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, I mixed together:

About 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
4 oz. crumbled Gorgonzola
About half the marinade from the tomatoes

I stuffed each tomato with the Gorgonzola mixture and then drizzled the remaining marinade over the top.

Baked at 375 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.  I baked mine until they were really roasted because I used them on pasta.  If I was going to serve the tomatoes as an appetizer or something, I would bake them less so they would still be firm and easier to hold.  But, for pasta they were delicious!  Here they are fresh out of the oven:
I used spinach tagliatelle and finished the dish with fresh grated Parmesan and fresh basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment