Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jerked Pulled Chicken Sammies

I was in the mood for BBQ but didn't want to cook pork, so I cooked chicken instead.  I used bone-in, skin-on breasts and cooked them at a low heat on a rack above apple juice.  Turned out super moist.  Added some BBQ sauce, apple slaw and Wickles Pickles!  Yummy.

3 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
olive oil
Jamaican Jerk spice (or whatever you want to use)
1 cup or so apple juice
BBQ sauce
Buns

Line a baking dish with foil.  Put a baking rack in the pan and then pour in apple juice.  Place breasts, skin side up, on the rack.  Drizzle breasts with olive oil and add plenty of the spices (just on the skin side is fine).  I love the Jamaican Jerk spice.  Try it if you can find it.

Cover with foil and bake at 325 for at least an hour.  Take the chicken out when it reaches 155-160 degrees.  Take breasts off rack and put them skin side (spice side) down into the apple juice.  Cover and let sit about 30 minutes.

Take the skin off the breasts and shred the meat with your fingers.  Add a little of the apple juice and some BBQ sauce.  Stir well.  Serve on buns and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment