Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Fish Tacos...Asian Style!

I usually make fish tacos using some type of chipotle slaw, but this time I decided to go Asian.  Marinated the tilapia and made an Asian Slaw that was super tangy and good.  Here's the marinade recipe:

3-4 Tilapia fillets
1 lime, juiced
1/4 c. peanut oil
1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
1 T. pickled ginger
1 large garlic clove, smashed and sliced
1 T. toasted (dark) sesame oil
Splash of fish sauce
Pinch of cloves, or 3-4 whole cloves
1 t. coriander

Combine all ingredients in a baking dish where the tilapia fillets fit well.  Marinade at least an hour, turning once.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Put a cast iron skillet in the oven and heat for about 10 minutes.  Remove skillet and put fillets in it.  Put back in oven for 5 minutes.  Remove and flip the fillets and bake for another 3 minutes.

Serve with tortillas and Asian slaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment