Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Potato Pepper Frittata

Now that I've made a frittata, I'm starting to experiment.  This experiment turned out great!  I think a frittata is better when it is veggie based with no meat, and I think my carnivore husband agrees after tonight.  Here is the finished product:


Here is the recipe:

10 eggs
1/4 cup water or milk
About 1-1/2 cups potatoes (I prefer fingerlings), diced
1/2 each red and green bell peppers, about 1 cup
3/4 cup sweet onion, diced
1/2 cup feta or other cheese
2-3 T. fresh chives, snipped
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Saute potatoes and veggies in olive oil for about 15 minutes, or until tender.  Season with salt and pepper.  Whisk the eggs in a bowl, add salt, pepper, cheese, and chives.  Add egg mixture to veggies and stir the bottom and sides for about a minute or so.

Put the pan into the oven (375 degrees) and bake for about 10-15 minutes.  The time depends on your pan, etc.  Just stick a knife in the frittata to see if it is done.  Put the frittata on a large plate.  Cut into eighths and serve hot, warm, or even cold.

Here are the veggies once cooked:

No comments:

Post a Comment