Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Panko Crusted Chicken Breasts

Last night's dinner was soooo good.  I made my Salsa Verde earlier in the day and then for dinner I made Panko Crusted Chicken that we topped with the salsa.  On the side was some romaine, avocado, and colorful tomatoes topped with a little fresh lime juice.  A really satisfying dinner!

The recipe for my salsa has already been posted:  http://henshammock.blogspot.com/2011/03/salsa-verde.html

Panko Crusted Chicken
2 boneless chicken breast halves
1 egg
1 T. water
Salt and pepper
Little cumin, oregano, and coriander (or whatever spices you like)
Panko bread crumbs
1/2 lime

Put chicken breasts into a Ziploc bag and pound until even in thickness.  Pound them gently and only flatten the part that is thickest. 

In a shallow bowl, beat the egg, water, and spices.  I used cumin, oregano, and coriander because it went well with the salsa.  Feel free to use whatever spices you like best.

Put the Panko bread crumbs in a separate bowl.

Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then the Panko mixture.  Saute in olive oil over medium high heat.  Cook until the chicken is a golden brown, about 4-5 minutes and then flip and cook another 2 or so minutes on the other side.

Transfer chicken to a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for about 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees.  Finish with a squeeze of lime over each breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment