Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Salsa Verde

I would never claim to be a great Salsa Verde maker except my girlfriend, Roxy, told me that mine was really good!  She spent a week with me at the house last year and chicken with salsa verde was the first thing I made her.  I had to work until 7:00 that night so she might have just been really hungry, but she told me it was excellent, so I'll just run with that!
1 lb. tomatillos – about 8-9
1 bunch green onions, green part only
1 bunch cilantro
1 T. jalapeno (jarred or canned), more or less to taste
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 T. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 t. sugar
Juice of one lime


Peel and rinse tomatillos (they’ll be sticky to the touch).  Simmer tomatillos for 10 minutes until they turn a lighter green.   Put tomatillos and remaining ingredients in food processor and pulse until smooth.  Pour sauce into a pot and simmer for 20 minutes.  Serve hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment