Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Caprese

There is nothing better than fresh vine-ripened tomatoes.  Yesterday we escaped the heat and headed to the coast (where it was 30 degrees cooler!) and ended up in Cambria just in time for their Farmer's Market.  I bought beautiful red and yellow tomatoes and fresh basil.  Stopped off at Trader Joe's on the way home and picked up some fresh mozzarella so I could make Caprese.

Thick slices of tomatoes are topped with a little salt and then slices of fresh mozzarella.  Then drizzle with a little olive oil and some good balsamic vinegar.  Lastly, sprinkle on ribbons of fresh basil.  So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment