Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes

This is without a doubt my favorite vegetable dish of all time.  I make a bunch of it so I have plenty of leftovers.  I love having a bowl of this for lunch...it just makes you feel good!  Chipotle in Adobo Sauce is a wonderful smokey and spicey seasoning.  You find it in small cans in the Latin food aisle.  I use it in all kinds of dishes and I keep it refrigerated until I use it all up.
1 lbs. sweet potatoes, scrubbed and dried
2 T. butter
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely diced
1 t. adobo sauce
1 t. salt

Put the potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Bake 375° for 45-60 minutes, or until potatoes start oozing out of their skin.  Let cool and remove peel.

Melt butter in a large pot.  Add potatoes and mash well.  Add chipotle and adobo sauce.  Season with salt.

This is one of those dishes that you need to play with.  You may want to add more or less chipotle.  Start with what's recommended and play with it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment