Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Monday, February 21, 2011

My (Current) Favorite Salad


My current favorite salad is very simple.  I like to use a nice leaf lettuce, like green or red leaf lettuce, or romaine.  I usually don't use the already washed greens unless I'm using spinach.  I have a very inexpensive (like $5) salad spinner and that takes care of washing my salad greens.

I like to add tomatoes, asiago or parmesan cheese, and croutons to a nice bed of greens.  Then I add my favorite salad dressing:
Creamy Garlic Dressing
1 T. mayonnaise
1 T. + 1-1/2 t. red wine vinegar
1-1/2 t. fresh lemon juice
1-1/2 t. Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, finely minced
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, except olive oil, salt and pepper.  Slowing pour in olive oil while whisking.  Season with salt and pepper.

Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment