Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Roasted Carrots

We absolutely LOVE roasted carrots.  I always buy organic carrots so I don't need to peel them and I buy them with the green tops attached.  They taste completely different than regular carrots.

All you have to do it cut the ends off, give them a good scrubbing, and then cut them into pieces.

Put in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.  Use a spoon and make sure the olive oil has coated the carrots completely.  Sprinkle generously with cumin.  Add salt and pepper.

Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.  The timing will depend on the thickness of your carrots.

For a picture, see Herbed Chicken below.  I seem to be on an orange kick lately.  Sweet potatoes, carrots, mango sauce, orange chicken.  Oh well, always did like orange.  Hey mom, remember the color of my bedroom growing up??  LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Mom, I love you, but your carrots tasted nothing like these. When I was growing up, carrots weren't exactly at the top of my wish list. This just goes to show that with the right seasoning and cooking technique that a "boring" food can be exceptional. I wonder, can the #1 icky kid's vegetable, Brussels sprouts, be made to taste yummy?

    ReplyDelete