Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Asian Grilled Salmon

I'm not a huge fan of salmon unless it's the wild caught salmon from Alaska.  I buy it at Costco so I always have it in the fridge.  This time I made a glaze and then grilled it.  My grill is on its last leg and is definitely not giving me good grill marks.  Oh well, the salmon was great and that's what matters.  I served it with Sesame Pasta Salad.

2 fillets salmon (I used wild caught Sockeye)
1 T. Dijon mustard
2 T. soy sauce (low sodium)
1 T. honey
3 T. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 t. ginger, minced (or 1/2 t. dried ginger)

Whisk the mustard and remaining ingredients until thick.  Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel.  Rub a little oil on the skin side of the fillets and put on a plate, skin side down.  Spoon some of the marinade on top of the salmon fillets (just the skinless side).  Allow to marinate at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.

Grill the salmon on fairly high heat.  Start with the skin side down and grill about 4-5 minutes.  Carefully turn over and continue cooking about 4 minutes.  Remove from grill and let sit about 10 minutes before serving. 

You can spoon a little more of the remaining marinade on top if you want.  I didn't and just refrigerated it to use later.  The recipe for the marinade would probably be perfect for four pieces of salmon.

The cooking time really depends on the thickness of your salmon and your grill.  It should still be pink on the inside when you remove it from the grill.  It will keep cooking when you let it sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment