Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sesame Pasta Salad

I know that tomatoes aren't usually found in an Asian style salad but I love the taste and color of them so I used them.  I really liked this salad cause it's different and has great sesame flavor.

9 oz. pasta (I used a package of fresh angel hair)
3 T. soy sauce (reduced sodium is best)
2 T. peanut or other oil
3 T. sesame oil (the dark toasted type)
1 T. rice vinegar
1 T. honey
2 T. toasted sesame seeds*
1 T. ginger, finely minced
Sliced red or yellow peppers, green onions, etc. (whatever you have and like)

Whisk together the soy sauce and remaining 6 ingredients.  Boil the pasta according to package instructions.  Drain pasta and transfer to a bowl.  Toss with the sauce.  Add sliced red and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes cut in half, and a handful of sliced green onion.  Season with salt, if necessary.  Serve hot or cold.

You can use any combination of vegetables you like!

*You can buy sesame seeds already toasted or just heat them in a non-stick skillet until they just start to get fragrant and turn a light brown.  Never, ever turn your back on any seed or nut you are toasting cause the minute you do, they burn.  Just a fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment