Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baby Back Ribs

My friend and fellow Foodie, Libby, got ribs on sale today at Central Market.  Libby never met a sale she didn't love!  This is the most awesome rib recipe cause the meat just falls off the bone.  Squirrel Friend, you'll need lots of napkins!
The Rub:  Stonewall Kitchen Chicken and Pork Rub + a sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper (or use whatever you like).

Cut the racks in half and sprinkle the meat side only with the spices.  Place in heavy foil packets, rolling the top and sides to close.  Refrigerate overnight.

Put rib packets on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Open one end of each foil packet and pour in 1 cup (just estimate) unfiltered apple juice*. 

Bake at 250° for 2-1/2 hours.  Let the ribs rest in the foil packets for about 15 minutes.  Remove ribs and coat the meat side with BBQ sauce.  Grill for about 5-10 minutes until sauce is browned.  Coat other side with sauce.  Flip over and re-apply more BBQ sauce to the meat side.  Grill another 5 minutes.

*The juice should contain nothing but pressed apples, preferably organic as they use a lot of pesticides on apples.

So good!!!

1 comment:

  1. By far, the best ribs I've ever eaten. I'm not saying that because Helen is holding a knife to my throat; it's true!! I've eaten ribs all throughout the USA over my 58+ years and none can compare to these. They fall off the bone and melt in your mouth. Plus, they have a special "kick". What more can you ask for? Thanks, Babe!

    ReplyDelete