Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Stuffed Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce

This is one of our favorites and is so super easy.  I usually buy stuffed ravioli or tortellini at Costco and have it on hand in the freezer.  Costco also sells beautiful hydroponically grown Campari tomatoes that I love to use in this recipe.  I add a little Mascarpone cheese if I happen to have it around as it makes the sauce nice and creamy.
1 shallot, finely chopped (about 2 T.)
3 cups fresh tomatoes*, seeded and diced
¼+ cup pasta water
Heaping tablespoon of Mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Freshly grated Parmesan

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Reserve some of the pasta water. 

Sauté shallot over medium heat in olive oil for a minute or two.  Turn up the heat and add the tomatoes.  Sauté for about 5 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add the pasta water and continue cooking about 5 minutes.  Add the cooked pasta to the sauce.  Turn off the heat and add the Mascarpone and fresh basil. 

Especially good with fresh stuffed tortellini or ravioli.

*Use whatever tomatoes are in season.  Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out seeds before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment