Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Madras Curry Shrimp and Quinoa


Quinoa again?  Yes!  Get over it, I like quinoa!  This recipe was a collaboration at work.  It started with Michelle demoing Robert Rothschild Zesty Madras Curry Sauce.  She made it with chicken and it was really good.  The sauce was buy one, get one free, so I really couldn't pass it up.  But, I wanted to make something with shrimp and I wanted more veggies involved.

After running a few ideas past Michelle, who, by the way, is an incredible cook, I talked to David, who gave me the great suggestion of using yogurt to chill the heat.  Then I talked to Linda and we ran through veggies to use.  She suggested using cauliflower, which I agree with but did not do, but will next time.  I ended up using Japanese eggplant, which are smaller than regular eggplant, red pepper, and carrot.  It ended up tasting great and we really enjoyed our dinner!  So, here's the recipe:

1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 bottle Robert Rothschild Zesty Madras Curry Sauce
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 small Japanese eggplant, diced
1 carrot, sliced
1 (15 oz.) can Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 container (6 oz.) fat free Greek yogurt
1/2-3/4 cup chopped cilantro
Olive oil

1 cup quinoa+2 cups water=Bring to boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes until done.

Heat olive oil and saute veggies about 5-7 minutes.  Add beans and shrimp and saute about 2 minutes.  Add the curry sauce and heat for about 1-2 minutes.  Add yogurt and cilantro.

Serve on top of hot quinoa.  Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment