Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Caprese Grain Salad

This great salad can be made with any grain.   I used Farro, which I like a lot, but nothing beats Quinoa in my book!  Make this when tomatoes and basil are fresh and plentiful!
1 cup farro or quinoa, cooked according to package directions
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
8-12 oz. fresh small mozzarella balls (bocconcini), cut in half
Handful of basil leaves, chiffonade*
1 T. olive oil
1 T. balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

Combine grain, tomatoes, and mozzarella.  Whisk together oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.  Add to grain mixture.  Enjoy!

*Chiffonade=Pile the herb leaves on top of each other, roll up like a cigar, and then chop.  Makes little ribbons of herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment