Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bean Dip with Artichokes and Piquillo Peppers

We recently had an event at work called Passport to Spain.  The store was full of all kinds of products imported from Spain.  I bought some judion beans and some piquillo peppers and ended up making this great dip.  I think you can easily substitute any white bean (cannellini, garbanzo, butter) cause it's not easy to find the judions.  They were like very large white lima beans, sort of.  Hard to explain.  Google is your friend.  Mine were dried so I had to soak and cook them but I think a can of beans (or use frozen) would be the equivalent of the amount of beans I used.  Piquillo peppers also come from Spain and they are really good.  You can substitute roasted red peppers but if you do, I would probably add a little hot smoked paprika since the piquillos have a more smokey flavor than red peppers.
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
1 can artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 cup piquillo peppers (seed removed) or roasted red peppers
2-3 cloves garlic
Juice of one lemon
8-10 basil leaves
1 T. red wine vinegar
Salt
Olive oil

Put ingredients, except oil, into food processor and pulse.  Add oil until you have a good consistency. 

I served it with baked whole wheat Naan.  I'm eating some right now and it's good!  Click on the picture and you'll see a close up of the dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment