Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Grilled Peppers with Avocado and Tomatoes

Yeah, tomatoes again...they're just so good!  I was grilling Stuart a steak the other night and decided to throw a sweet yellow pepper on the grill for me.  I had an avocado I needed to use so I threw that on the grill as well.  I came up with this as the finished dish and it was really good:
1 yellow or orange bell pepper, cut in half, seeds and membrane removed
1 Haas avocado, cut in half, seed removed (leave skin on)
Sliced tomatoes
Lime
Cilantro
Cumin
Salt
Olive oil

Rub the pepper halves with olive oil.  Drizzle olive oil on the avocado halves.  Grill both until you have good char marks.  Scoop the avocado out of its skin and put it in a pepper half.  Add a squeeze of lime, some salt, and a sprinkle of cumin.  Top with sliced tomatoes and another squeeze of lime.  Sprinkle with a little salt and fresh chopped cilantro.  Really good, and good for you!  Pretty too.  Pretty food usually tastes good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment