Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

I love caesar salad and I make my own dressing because all of the bottled stuff is just loaded with all kinds of junk.  I don't do the traditional caesar where you use a raw egg because I need it to keep in the fridge longer, since we only use a little each time.  And yes, I know caesar salad does not have tomatoes, but whose blog is this anyway?

1 T. mayonnaise
1 t. Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, smashed
6 anchovies
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 t. coarse salt
¼ t. pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
½ cup grated Parmesan


Place all ingredients except the oil and cheese in a food processor and blend.  Slowly start adding the oil until dressing is creamy.  Add the parmesan and pulse a few times to incorporate.

For the chicken, I just use a little of the dressing as a marinade and then grill it (flatten it to even thickness first).  I use a good romaine, green leaf, or other lettuce, some cherry or grape tomatoes, and croutons.  Toss with a little dressing, top with grilled chicken, and you have a great dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment