Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Meyer Lemon and Dijon Pork Tenderloin

I love Meyer lemons.  They look like very large lemons but they taste like a lemon crossed with an orange.  I wanted to try this recipe even though Meyer lemons aren't in season right now.  When they are, I know my friend Carole will be bringing in bags full to the store!  I just used regular lemons but added a splash of orange juice.

I saw this marinade being made on the Food Network and it was put on chicken, which I'm sure is great.  I had some pork tenderloin in the freezer so I used that.  I marinated it for about 5-6 hours in the fridge and it was awesome.  I then grilled the meat and grilled one of the lemons.  The grilled lemon was awesome and so juicy over the finished product.  I only had one tenderloin so if you're making more, just double the recipe.  It sounds like a lot of Dijon but it really was good.

2 Meyer lemons (or 2 regular lemons + splash of fresh orange juice)
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 T. finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
Drizzle of olive oil

Zest one of the lemons and then juice it.  Cut the other lemon in half and set aside.  Combine all of the ingredients and use to marinade meat of your choice.  While grilling the meat, cut the remaining lemon in half and put cut side down on grill.  Leave it there for about 10 minutes.

Just before serving, squeeze the grilled lemon over the meat.  The lemons will be super juicy so handle them carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment