Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mango Avocado Salsa

I love mangoes and this salsa is one of my favorites.  You don't have to be exact with measurements since all mangoes and avocados are different sizes.  I used a large mango and a large Haas avocado.  You have to use the Haas and not the Florida mangoes, which are the big light green ones.  Not good.

You can eat the salsa with chips but I used it for grilled shrimp tacos.  I told my friend, Cindy,  that I made tacos and she asked if I used any cabbage.  I told her I just used the shrimp and the salsa.  But, the next time we had it I added the shredded cabbage and it gave it just the right amount of crunch.  Thanks Cindy!!

1 large mango, diced
1 Haas avocado, diced
3 T. chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of one lime (about 2 T.)
1 T. minced jalapeno (I prefer canned or jarred), or more to taste
1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
2-3 T. red onion, finely diced
2 t. minced ginger (optional)

Combine all.  Season with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment