Welcome to My Blog!

If you're visiting for the first time, be sure and read my "Welcome to My Blog" post in February. It's the first one and it explains why I started doing this. So far it's been a lot of fun; it kind of feels like a diary.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Guacamole

One of our favorite snacks is good old guacamole.  We especially love it with Central Market Quinoa Flax Seed Chips.  I usually add tomato to my guac which is definitely not the norm, but I like it and that's what matters.

2 large Haas avacados
1 Roma tomato, finely chopped
1 small clove garlic, minced
Juice of one lime
1 T. minced pickled jalapeno*
2 T. red onion, finely diced
1 T. cilantro, chopped
Salt to taste

Mash avocado and add the remaining ingredients.  Mix well.  Cover with plastic wrap and press wrap onto the dip.  This will keep it from turning brown.

*Use as much or little jalapeno as you like.  Personally, I like using canned or jarred jalapeno as opposed to fresh.  Using the jarred/canned jalapeno keeps me from biting into the crunch of fresh jalapeno.

No comments:

Post a Comment